There are properties in Cuyahoga County that have been tax-foreclosed and subjected to two Sheriff’s sales at which there have been no successful bids. These properties end up on the State of Ohio forfeited property list.
Forfeiture Redevelopment Opportunities
Find unique redevelopment opportunities via the Cuyahoga Land Bank
In partnership with the Cuyahoga County Fiscal Officer, the Cuyahoga Land Bank can inspect, market, and transact such forfeited properties for productive re-use. The sale of tax-forfeited properties expands the County’s property tax base, helps clean up blighted, vacant properties in our communities, and encourages economic development.
The Cuyahoga Land Bank invites interested investors to review the forfeited commercial, industrial, and apartment buildings featured here that we consider to have redevelopment potential. Please also review our forfeiture redevelopment eligibility requirements and application.
If your application is approved by the Land Bank, any delinquent real estate tax balance on the property may be extinguished in order to promote redevelopment of the tax forfeited property.
Forfeiture Redevelopment Eligibility Requirements
- Investors interested in purchasing a tax-forfeited property must complete a Property Purchaser Application for Redevelopment in its entirety. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Applications must include a copy of the applicant’s current driver’s license and a $100 non-refundable application fee payable to Cuyahoga County Land Reutilization Corp. Payment of this fee does not guarantee that your application will be accepted.
- Applicants or their affiliated entities or persons must be current on all property taxes for any properties owned in Cuyahoga County.
- Applicants must not own any property in Cuyahoga County with building or health code violations or a history of violations during the applicant’s ownership of the property.
- If not an individual, applicants must be registered to do business in the State of Ohio with the Ohio Secretary of State.
- Applicants must not be the owner of any property in Cuyahoga County where repeated criminal activity has occurred during the applicant’s ownership of the property.
- Applicants must not have owned any property in Cuyahoga County that was subject to an order of foreclosure within the last three (3) years.
- Applicants will comply with all applicable fair housing and market regulations, as applicable.
- Use of the property must be consistent with the current zoning requirements of the applicable local government.
- The Cuyahoga Land Bank reserves the right to require additional information, including a financial statement from applicants, as a necessary pre-requisite to further considering an application and, in its sole discretion, to reject any application.